What is EPIC?
The EPIC Program is a grant funded online education program that provides participants with access to
- Customized Computer & Information Technologies and Medical Information Technology certificates, diplomas, and degrees, as well as a certificate program – Health Care Specialist;
- Specialized academic assistance from your own Success Network (including a coach and outreach and placement specialist;
- Access to display experiential learning through credit for prior learning;
- Free access to support for online support information;
- Access to additional career development support and resources; career advisement;
- Assistance with local WIOA (if eligible); career pathways for specified jobs; and
- Connections to specified internship/apprenticeship opportunities.
The EPIC Program is managed through six Kentucky Community and Technical Colleges (Big Sandy Community and Technical College, Jefferson Community and Technical College, Hazard Community and Technical College, Somerset Community College, Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College, and West Kentucky Community and Technical College). All colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, serving Kentucky as a collaborative catalyst with diverse global innovations.
EPIC enhances the Learn on Demand program and utilizes a competency-based approach to the design of the courses. This allows students to work as quickly or slowly as needed within the course start and end dates; thus allowing students to take the time needed to build their education foundation knowledge from course to course.